Skip to main content

BUS560M WEEK 1: FIRST DAY HIGH

It was our first day of classes and I'm so excited to meet new friends and of course to learn from our lessons. My 6:00 PM class is a bit of a hassle as it is a rush hour and so on my first day, I was not spared from the traffic and the bulk of people inside the LRT. I stay at UN Manila, and though it's just 3 stations away from Vito Cruz, it took me almost an hour to ride the train. Thank God I was inside the classroom at exactly 5:59 PM. Beat that! :)

Just like the usual class, it is always a must during first day of classes to introduce ourselves one by one. And for the first time, I felt the pressure knowing my classmates are all professionals and have longer experiences than I have. But looking at it at a brighter perspective, I'm here to learn and to know what they can share to me that I can apply once I become a  manager.. That is my main goal for now. To lead people.

My professor for this class is Professor Pia Manalastas who happened to be our  Program coordinator for the MBA class. She introduced to us the subject which for the record has the longest subject name that I happened to know in my entire student life, it's "La Sallian Business Leadership, Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility". This subject talks about how to become socially responsible business leaders who are not just concerned with the business but more so, are helpful in the economy and society.

Ms. Pia Manalastas, my professor in BUS560M
We have also tackled the life of St. John Baptist de La Salle and how he has pioneered and became the saint of education. I am not a catholic and so, I am not really familiar with saints. But with all due respect, I felt really proud on how he was able to help other people knowing that he grew up in a well-off family and how he was willing to sell his properties for the welfare of the needy and used education as a tool for people to somehow break out of poverty.

 I have learned from him that we need to use the things we possess to be able to reach out to people whether it is money or intangible  thing, if you are really willing to help other people, there will always be a way. As an aspiring business leader, it is a must to not just think of "digits" and "numbers". Real business comes with true relationship with people, giving them goods that are absolutely good, and providing them service that definitely serves. If we do such great service, they will in return give us the support that we have always been aspiring. It is a give and take relationship. And the longer it goes, the stronger it has to be.

I have waited for two years to qualify for the MBA class and I'm willing to wait for another two years to finish it. For I know that in the end, greater rewards will come to me. Though it is quite a sacrifice to balance my time and effort still, it will all be worth the wait. Just follow your dreams and make it a reality.
Meet my new friends, Delfin and Nicole.. :)
Krish

Comments